Golden Threads: Relationships & Mental Fitness
Healthy relationships are the Golden threads that bind our communities together. They are a fundamental cornerstone of our health and wellbeing.
People who are more socially connected to family, friends, or their community are happier, physically healthier and live longer, with fewer mental health problems than people who are less well connected.
Below are ways in which our Golden Threads project can support people to develop healthy relationships.
To promote healthy relationships, our expert Golden Threads Project Team can provide education workshops in youth & community settings in the Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon Council Areas.
These can be tailored to your group, but will usually cover some of the following themes;
Relationships & Mental Wellbeing
- Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships
- How to maintain a healthy relationship
- How relationships impact mental health and wellbeing
- Tips on how to manage relationships and mental wellbeing
- How our attachment styles affect relationships
- Understanding expectations of each other
- What are transitions & what types of transition are there?
- What they can mean for you and your relationships?
- Managing transitions
- Why do we need to love ourself to maintain healthy relationships?
- Learn the power of positive self-talk
- Self-care activities
- What is communication?
- How to communicate well to improve relationships
- Learn to communicate your needs in an assertive way
- What is conflict?
- How can conflict affect relationships?
- Learn negotiation techniques
As part of the Golden Threads programme participants will be able to undertake a bespoke assessment tool focused on exploration of change, e.g. have a better understanding of self; that will support their learning style and identify how they might set and pursue their goals to change.
If you want to engage with Relate NI and participate in this new and innovative approach contact us to discuss how we can support you or your group or fill in our booking enquiry form here.
If you would like to chat opportunities through further, you can contact us using the web enquiry at the bottom of this page, by email at email@example.com and put ‘Golden’ into the subject line; or by ringing 028 90323454 to speak to one of the Golden Threads project staff.
*This programme is funded by the Department of Health’s Mental Health Support Fund and administered by the Community Foundation Northern Ireland*
Below are a range of self-help tools and strategies which can help individuals, couples and families to take steps to improving your relationships and your mental fitness.