We provide a range of therapeutic services and education programmes to people throughout Northern Ireland. Our vision is of a future where healthy relationships are at the heart of a thriving society, and our mission is to make expert information and support for healthy relationships available to everyone.
We provide relationship counselling to families, couples, individuals, teenagers and children (aged 4 – 11). This role is specifically to work with children in Primary Schools across Belfast.
Do you have:
- Professional qualification in Child Psychotherapy (e.g. Play therapy, Art Therapy, Drama Therapy, Music Therapy) to Diploma level or equivalent from a recognised or a relevant validating organisation e.g. Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB). Art, Drama and Music Therapists must be trained to Masters level or equivalent, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and meet professional and conduct requirements.
- Practitioners should hold or intend to work towards accreditation with the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (IACP), Professional Standards Agency (PSA), Health Care Professions Council (HCPC), accreditation. This must be completed within 12 months of the commencement date.
- Experience of counselling/therapy with children (preferably at least one year) in line with your training up to the age of 18 and understand child development and an awareness of issues impacting children.
- Minimum 150 post qualifying supervised clinical practice hours (which can be accrued as part of recognised training)
What you get in return:
- Monthly Supervision
- CPD opportunities
- Reflective Supervision Groups
- Staff Wellbeing Programme
- Opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive working environment to support the needs of people throughout Northern Ireland
Salary: £30,401 pro rata
Number of hours available: 12 hours minimum per week (term time)
All completed applications should be returned to:
Emma Irwin, Business Operations Lead
Address: Relate NI, 3 Glengall Street, Belfast, BT12 5AB
We value the diversity of our employees, and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities across Northern Ireland. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals, irrespective of people’s age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.
23,59pm, 19th April 2022
Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
CV’s are not accepted.
As part of the application process, the successful candidate/s will be required to complete Access NI Security Clearance before commencing employment.