Relationship support can be helpful for couples who have concerns or difficulties arising from their relationships with others. Many of the people we support experience one of the following life transition points which makes them reach out for help;
- Relationship Breakdown
- Dealing with Affairs & Infidelity
- Seperation or Divorce
- Encountering Sexual Difficulties in a Couple Relationship
- Changing Jobs, Routine, Reitrement or Unexpected Redundancy
- Changes in a Couple or Family Relationship, including somebody leaving home, the birth of a new child or when a parent enters into a new couple relationship
- Bereavement or dealing with a life changing illness
- Moving on after a major life experience
If you are experiencing any of these difficulties or other challenges, Adult Relationship Counselling is a supportive therapeutic intervention that can help couples to develop new perspectives which enhance relationships. Couples will first undertake an initial assessment with a Relate NI Counsellor, to ensure that the service is correct for them, and to ascertain some of the issues they may like to work on. As part of this process, there will also be an opportunity for each individual to have some time with the counsellor.
Below are some comments from Couples that we have worked with in the past.